September 25, 2004

Ten days to go...

Soon enough, someone else is going to be reading this...which means it won't be very long before I'm on the other side of the world.

I've finally started to get excited about my trip...I've been so pre-occupied (booking flights, buying equipment, cajoling said equipment into a deceptively-tardis-like rucksack, spending time with friends and family...and the small matter of a wicked holiday in Ibiza), that it's only just beginning to dawn on me that, in ten days time, I'll be setting off on the trip of a lifetime.

The vast majority of people reading this will have a good idea of what I'm up to and where I'm going. The blog is a kind of diary for me - as well as a substitute for the ubiquitous mass e-mail which all travellers tend to send to friends and family. It won't sit, taking up valuable inbox space, guilt-tripping you into sending a green-eyed reply. Dip in / out at your leisure and if you do want to mail me - asking for or giving news - I'll do my best to reply asap.

There isn't a lot for me to do now...staggering around various hilly bits of Yorkshire, trying to convince myself that I can hump that bag (read 'small terraced house') around the world for the next 18 months...re-counting malaria tablets to try and save some precious weight...a final round of visits and leaving-do's (er, any excuse fora party...)...so I'll no doubt have plenty of time to pop on here most days and fill everyone in on the details of my trip...


No comments:

Post a Comment