Apart from a few minor disturbances by squirrels and falling leaves / twigs, I slept reasonably soundly through until about 3.15 – and felt well rested.
Got up about 4ish and decamped, taking all my rubbish with me and replacing the rocks I’d used to weigh down my pegs in the sand. As I strolled up to the cable car at 5.10, intent on being head of the queue to see the sunrise, I found that you have to get out of bed very early in the morning to catch the Koreans out. There were at least 100 people already waiting patiently for the doors to open for the 6.00 car. Fortunately, another great thing about Korean culture is the obsession with punctuality. I boarded the 6.10 car and was in my chosen spot on the eastern side of the peak in plenty of time to watch the sky catch fire.
No comments:
Post a Comment